Enjoy the beauty of the setting sun while you observe the marine wildlife along the shores of Semiahmoo Bay and Boundary Bay.
Vancouver Whale Watching Adventure
Our Most Popular Trip!
- BC whale watching tours may vary in duration between three to five hours
- All safety equipment provided including Mustang flotation suits
- Whales will be seen!
Salish Sea Whale Watching Adventure
Departing from Crescent Beach Marina, 40 minutes south of downtown Vancouver, join us on a whale watching eco-adventure where we explore the Canadian Gulf Islands, the US San Juan Islands, and beyond in search of whales and other wildlife in their natural habitat.
Have your cameras ready as you travel across Semiahmoo Bay, into the Georgia Strait on the Salish Sea, exploring British Columbia’s spectacular scenery. This enchanting journey features secluded bays, secret coves, and world-class scenery.
We seek out transient killer whales, humpback whales, grey whales, minke whales, sea lions, harbor porpoise, seals, and more! The adventure includes stops to favourite spots for lunch (when practicable depending on weather and location of animals) including Saturna Lighthouse Pub, Port Browning, Poet’s Cove Resort, and Port Sidney (all family-friendly).
Every whale watching trip is different, each lasting between 3-5 hours aboard Spartan 01, our new 34ft rigid hull inflatable boat (RIB) boat specifically designed for whale watching, providing a safe and comfortable journey, heated cabin and onboard washroom, or our 24ft Zodiac boat. We will assign passengers to one of these vessels.
It’ an unforgettable whale watching trip of a lifetime! Join us for the most exciting whale watching tour in Vancouver!
With a 90% sighting success rate, we guarantee that you will see whales, other marine mammals, and breathtaking scenery, or we’ll invite you back on a future trip! We are members of the Pacific Whale Watch Association, a large network of whale watching tour operators and ecotourism businesses that are committed to education, conservation, and responsible whale watching. Our network is in constant contact, keeping each other updated on all whale sightings in the Pacific Northwest. Sightings are guaranteed from April to October, and likely from November to March. We’ve been a trusted Vancouver whale tour operator since 2014.
What to Wear
We provide life jackets and Mustang Survival floatation suits, which provide you with warmth and floatation. We have one and two piece suits, XS to XXXL.
Guests should wear layered clothing. Depending on the time of year and the weather, it is recommended you wear a fleece sweater and bring gloves and a toque (knit cap). Waterproof footwear is good, and consider bringing a rain jacket and pants if you have them, plus sunglasses, a smile, and lots of enthusiasm for adventure!
- Limited seats on our zodiac style boats, each seat is $175
- Not recommended for guests with any back or neck issues, those in poor health or those who are pregnant. Please consult your doctor and inform the captain of any concerns prior to boarding and anytime throughout your trip.
- Call us anytime with any questions or to seek clarification
- Children under 6 may participate with manager approval. All guests must purchase a ticket.
- We reserve the right to reschedule or delay trips due to weather conditions, mechanical, or unforeseen circumstances
- We reserve the right to assign vessels
- Tours may vary in duration
- Guests required to sign a waiver during booking