Our Current Job Opportunities
White Rocks Sea Tours & Whale Watching is a busy seasonal whale watching company in White Rock, BC. We operate from April to October and are looking for an on-board Marine Naturalist to join our team!
In in this role you will provide commentary and information on the marine mammals and wildlife we see. You will spend the trip interacting with and educating whale watchers and will provide a safe and enjoyable experience for guests. Boat set up and clean up will be part of your duties as well as recording marine mammal sightings.
Being comfortable on a boat, experience and knowledge of local species and marine biology, and a friendly approachable disposition is a must.
Flexibility and availability to work weekends and holidays is a must since we operate 7 days a week. We are a year-round operation. Full-time work is usually from April to October and part-time November to March.
In addition, you must have or be willing to obtain a marine safety MEDA3 certificate from a Transport Canada.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide commentary and information on the marine mammals and wildlife we see.
- Interact with and educating whales watchers and provide excellent customer services to visitors: be friendly and helpful to guests,
- Ensure the safety and a quality experience for guests,
- Perform boat set up and clean up and complete necessary paperwork; recording marine mammal sightings,
- Handle cash and credit card transactions if needed,
- Help with luggage if needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of Canada, British Columbia and Vancouver history, marine mammals, wilderness and wildlife,
- Marine Safety MEDA 3 certificate is a must.
- Strong verbal and writing communication skills in English. Speaking other languages is an asset
- Excellent organization, public speaking and customer service skills
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must have decision-making ability,
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with unforeseen difficulties
White Rock Sea Tours & Whale Watching is hiring a Zodiac Captain experienced in local waters with experience or strong interest in the eco tourism and marine wildlife viewing industry.
We are a busy locally owned whale watching company that offers daily, weather dependent tours. We are a year-round operation. Full-time work is usually from April to October and part-time November to March. Flexibility is a must, as well as a friendly disposition, a respect and passion for our coast and its marine inhabitants, and most importantly a dedication to safety.
Candidates will require the following:
-Small Vessel Operator Proficiency
-associated radio operators certificate, marine emergency duties certificate and marine first aid
Preferably applicants will have experience in the whale watching or marine tourism industry since and a strong respect for the environment. Introducing guests to the natural beauty of our coast in a responsible manner while following all marine wildlife viewing guidelines, and giving them a safe and enjoyable time on the water is what we are all about. Because you will be working with a close knit staff and guests from all
over the world daily, people skills are a must.
Guest Services Agent
Responsibilities and Duties
- Staff our 10 x 10 tent on the White Rock Beach or
- Staff our Crescent Beach location
- Interact with the public booking tours
- Answer questions
- Handle cash
- Get people ready for the trip (get them suited up, etc.)
We are a year-round operation. Full-time work is usually from April to October and part-time November to March.
Interested applicants are invited to send us their resume and cover letter by email to [email protected] by March 1st.