Bust Cabin Fever with These Great Family Activities
At this point in the COVID-19 pandemic, we’re all bouncing off the walls. Although some areas are gradually opening back up, it’s still our responsibility to interact with the world as safely as possible. For many of us, that means gyms, indoor play areas, and other energy-burning staples are out. How do families bust their cabin fever? We’ve gathered some ideas below.
Your own four walls don’t have to drive you crazy.
- Check out these great online exercise videos for families
- Set up an indoor obstacle course to make the most of rainy days
- Toddlers and younger children can get a ton of fun out of an indoor play zone
- Practice yoga together to improve strength, coordination, and body awareness
Sunlight and fresh air will do your family wonders.
- Take your family for a ride on a local bike trail
- Check out these neighborhood scavenger hunts to make walks more exciting
- Book a boat for a whale watching adventure
- Make your own backyard splash park to cool off on hot days
Exercising the Mind
Mental stimulation is also vital in the fight against cabin fever.
- Consider practicing mindfulness together to reduce stress
- Start a family reading hour
- Encourage your kids to practice art, music, or another creative hobby
- Help them take this time to build useful life skills
Without regular exercise and mental stimulation, quarantine and social distancing could cause some significant harm. We all want to keep our families sane during COVID-19. So, embrace sunshine, fresh air, movement, and mindfulness to make this time much, much easier.
This article was brought to you by White Rock Sea Tours, British Columbia’s most thrilling whale watching experience. For more information about our services, contact us today!